Johnstown Tidy Towns is a voluntary group established with the aim of improving our area and creating a clean and litter free environment for us to enjoy. Johnstown Tidy Towns have been in operation for three years and have entered the Tidy Towns competition each year.
Our previous reports are available which show that our results have increased year on year. Our 2018 results represented a 6% improvement on our previous year results and this was recognised by an Endeavour award being presented to Johnstown Tidy Towns.
The Johnstown Tidy Towns AGM 2019 takes place on Monday 2nd of December at 8pm in Taylor’s Bar in Johnstown.
- Bag packing days in Supervalu to raise funds for the Johnstown Tidy Towns initiative (twice yearly)
- Johnstown Tidy Towns oversaw the placement of entrance signage and signage encouraging dog walkers to clean up throughout Johnstown.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns planted shrubs on a verge at the north end of Johnstown adjacent to the Kentstown road.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns installed flower boxes on the bridge at the west end of Johnstown adjacent to the Ardboyne Hotel.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns are actively campaigning for additional bins in Johnstown.
- Fortnightly litter pickups – meeting at 11am outside Johnstown Shopping Centre. Details of litter pickups and cleanups are advertised on social media channels.
Potential Future Projects:
- Johnstown Tidy Towns plan to erect anti-litter signage throughout Johnstown.
- Farmers Markets to raise funds for the Johnstown Tidy Towns – venue required.
- Meath River Rescue will be organising a Duck Race on the River Boyne in aid of Johnstown Tidy Towns – TBA.
- Meath River Rescue will take local children on tours of the river – TBA.
- Meath River Rescue have agreed to assist with the cleanup of one of the streams leading to the River.
Please stay tuned for more updates.