Johnstown Tidy Towns is a voluntary group established with the aim of improving our area and creating a clean and litter free environment for us to enjoy. Johnstown Tidy Towns have entered the Tidy Towns competition on two occasions (2017 and 2018). Our 2018 results represented a 6% improvement on our previous year results and this was recognised by an Endeavour award being presented to Johnstown Tidy Towns. Our report is available here. Johnstown Tidy Towns have entered the 2019 Tidy Towns competition. This will be their third year to be involved.
Johnstown Tidy Towns urgently require volunteers to help with current and future projects. Please keep checking this page and like and follow the official Facebook page. Johnstown Tidy Towns are in the process of developing their official website.
The Johnstown Tidy Towns AGM was held on Monday 24th of September at 7:30pm in the Ardboyne Hotel. Full details and agenda were published on the Facebook page.
- Bag packing days in Supervalu to raise funds for the Johnstown Tidy Towns initiative
- Johnstown Tidy Towns recently oversaw the placement of entrance signage and signage encouraging dog walkers to clean up throughout Johnstown.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns planted shrubs on a verge at the north end of Johnstown adjacent to the Kentstown road.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns installed flower boxes on the bridge at the west end of Johnstown adjacent to the Ardboyne Hotel.
- Johnstown Tidy Towns are actively campaigning for additional bins in Johnstown.
- Fortnightly litter pickups – meeting at 11am outside Johnstown Shopping Centre. The next of these litter pickups will take place on Saturday 25th of May.
Potential Future Projects:
- Johnstown Tidy Towns plan to erect anti-litter signage throughout Johnstown.
- Farmers Markets to raise funds for the Johnstown Tidy Towns – venue required.
- Meath River Rescue will be organising a Duck Race on the River Boyne in aid of Johnstown Tidy Towns – TBA.
- Meath River Rescue will take local children on tours of the river – TBA.
- Meath River Rescue have agreed to assist with the cleanup of one of the streams leading to the River.
Please stay tuned for more updates.